Aruma needs YOU!
- Working with children and youth in out of home care
- Casual positions
At Aruma, we support people with a disability to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? and to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
We provide residential care and therapeutic programs for children and young people between the ages of 5 - 17 with challenging complex behaviours and needs. No two days will be the same so if you thrive on variety then we want to hear from you!
You will be supporting young people to live a great life, to live the life they want, the life they choose. You will be assisting with a range of day to day activities that make all the difference, from daily tasks through to working towards goals.
Please note: our services run a 24/7 roster model and the successful candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends, sleepovers, and Public Holidays.
- Excited about working with and engaging young people
- Support the individual development of each customer
- Demonstrate an empathetic approach to working with people who may have experienced trauma
- Customer centric and all about celebrating your customers' wins
- Embody our BRAVE values
About the Role:
- The role includes providing intensive services and support to children and young people through daily routines, hygiene, education, recreational lifestyle support, cooking and maintenance of the home.
- Work within a trauma-informed framework with children and young people who display complex and challenging behaviours including emotional dysregulation, verbal and physical aggression.
- Support the involvement of a family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people.
- Committed to supporting children/young people who have faced trauma in their lives
- Understanding of and experience in working with a trauma informed and therapeutic framework
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Child Youth and Family Intervention Services or equivalent qualification
- Hold or are willing to obtain prior to commencement a Blue Card, Yellow Card, Drivers License, First Aid and CPR. Be Job Ready - apply for a Blue Card via www.qld.gov.au/bluecard
- You will be required to complete a Child Safety and Personal Screening Check and Criminal record check
- Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
- Flexible in the hours you work each week
Nice to have…
- Experience in personal care (and happy for this to be part of your job)
- Experience in working in residential care
What Aruma offers you:
- Regular rostered hours
- Working as a part of a person-centred team
- Be rewarded by seeing children and young people develop and achieve positive outcomes
- Training and professional development
Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
To be part of the Aruma journey, apply by the close date.
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation