- NFP | Perm Part Time | Charlestown
- Salary packaging + EAP + additional discounts
- Flexible work arrangement
- Work Type: 1 x Permanent Part Time (25 hour per week) Position available
- Location: Charlestown (NSW)
Aruma is seeking 1 Support Coordinator to join our high performing Support Coordination Team in Charlestown.
About Aruma: At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
When you're part of the Aruma team, you're not just supporting people. You're pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar higher.
About the role:
With flexibility of home-based office or working from our Charlestown office the role will be working with people across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. You will work with our customers and their families to support and coordinate all aspects of their NDIA plan and to form links with internal and external stakeholders. This will involve working with new business and continuous improvement to existing business.
Your role will involve:
- Helping people connect to NDIS and other supports
- Build a person's capacity and capability to understand their plan, navigate the NDIS and make their own decisions
- Broker supports and services in line with a person wishes and their plan budget
- Monitor plan budgets and support effectiveness.
- Assisting people to build and maintain strong community relationships and local interests
- Supporting the implementation of all the supports in NDIS Plans, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports
- Networking internally and externally to assist Individuals achieve their desired personal outcomes
- Actioning of appropriate referrals for individuals
- Ensuring mainstream services meet their obligations (i.e. housing, education, justice, health).
- Timely, accurate and analytical NDIA reporting
- Assisting and mentoring participants to overcome barriers to inclusion
- To be considered for this role you must demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Passion for supporting the human rights of people with a disability
- A strong personal resilience to challenges and a busy workload
- High level of competency with Office 365 and the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Ability to build and maintain strong community connections and relationships with service providers, individuals and/or families/carers
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Report writing, advanced literacy and analytical skills
- Able to work independently in a high pressure and busy role, as well as in a small team environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of and awareness of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Ability to learn the NDIA line items, planning processes and approaches to funding of supports
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
If you think you meet the Selection Criteria and that this is the role for you, please:
- Complete a cover letter clearly addressing the above Selection Criteria
- Provide a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications
Applications which do not clearly address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check with a full clearance.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NSW State Government Vaccination mandates.
Contact Sarah Onions 0409 305 237, if you have any enquiries about the role.