Arafmi Ltd is a community organisation providing support for families, carers and people with a mental health condition for the past 40 years.
We are looking for people that have experience in supporting individuals with complex mental health issues and/or challenging behaviours. To be successful in this role, you must have relevant working experience and understanding of mental health and a commitment to making a difference to both the lives of individuals living with mental health issues, their family and carers.
We are currently recruiting for roles in the North Brisbane area.
There are a range of employment options available within the emerging NDIS service space, some of the key areas of responsibilities are below.
- Work collaboratively with team members to provide high level support for individuals with a lived experience of psychosocial disability with approved NDIS plans.
- Support individuals with complex and/or challenging mental health needs, which includes positive behaviour management.
- Provide personal care to individuals, which includes showering, dressing, grooming and medication assistance.
- Provide domestic assistance to individuals, which includes light household cleaning, laundry and meal preparation.
- Provide social support/transportation to social activities and medical appointments.
- Provide support in skill development relevant to individual needs and goals.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with individuals living with psychosocial disabilities, professional colleagues and external service partners.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following WH & S policies and procedures.
- Uphold and follow the Arafmi Ltd Code of Conduct, maintain a high level of privacy and confidentiality, and work within the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Actively participate in all staff meetings, training and Arafmi Ltd development activities.
- Record information into client files as per organisational procedures.
- Complete other duties as requested.
As stated we are looking for applicants with experience working with individuals with complex mental health issues and require all applicants to respond to the following selection criteria to be considered for the role:
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with individuals with psychosocial disability and their carers
- Minimum 2 years experience with complex mental health needs and/or challenging behaviours
- Experience with Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- A passion for working with people with mental health issues
- Understanding and commitment to a person-centred model of practice
- Demonstrated confidence and resilience to respond appropriately in emergent situations
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues pertaining to psychosocial disability
- Sound computer and administrative skills, including file noting and record keeping
Successful applicants will also require the following;
- Minimum Cert III or IV in Mental Health (or relevant field) or equivalent experience
- Ability to work flexible working hours (mornings, evening, sleepovers, weekends, public holidays)
- A current driver's licence and access to use of personal motor vehicle, with full comprehensive insurance.
- All employees must consent to Criminal History Screening/Police check
- Yellow/Blue Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
Please note the role is a fixed-term part-time position for 12 months, with extension subject to funding.