- Working Remotely/Flexible Locations - 12 months contract
Myanmar Campaign Manager
The Myanmar Campaign Network is a network of Australian human rights and aid NGOs, trade unions and Myanmar diaspora organisations working to support the campaign for democracy in Myanmar.
The Myanmar Campaign Network in coordination with Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is seeking a Campaign Manager for a 12 month period.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for working with and assisting the Myanmar diaspora community organisations and Australian civil society organisations to plan, coordinate and deliver human rights campaigns and advocacy towards civilian rule in Myanmar.
The Campaign Manager assists in building and maintaining an Australian campaign including media, social media and movement coordination to drive policy change primarily aimed at Australian government policy.
The role provides coordination and expertise to Australian civil society organisations, networks and other stakeholders who wish to work in concert with Myanmar diaspora organisations.
The Campaign Manager will be required to coordinate and lead campaigns and make use of a variety of campaigning strategies and tactics.
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with the Myanmar diaspora communities;
- Support existing Myanmar diaspora and advocacy networks to build community mobilisation for coordinated advocacy
- Deliver innovative campaign strategies across a range of channels including lobbying decision makers, events, digital and news media
- Maintain regular communications with other international Myanmar campaign groups for coordination of global campaigning priorities and strategies
- Access accurate and current information to act as a key source of campaign content and strategy advice
- Represent Myanmar campaigns and human rights research to decision makers, influencers, media and public forums
- Ensure consistency of campaign strategies and content with established principles, policies and procedures
- Evaluate project and campaign outcomes and make recommendations for greater impact and effectiveness
- Produce and deliver communications as relevant to the role, using a range of channels and technologies
- Perform the role to a high standard within agreed timelines
- Other tasks within skills and competence as required
key selection criteria
Essential criteria for selection
- Knowledge of the current political, human rights, humanitarian and social movement context of Myanmar, its ethnic states and border communities.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate focused and strategic campaigns to achieve concrete and measurable outcomes
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate, empower the active participation of stakeholders and supporters
- Proven ability to design and deploy a range of campaigning/social change methods and tactics, including experience of digital campaigning, mass mobilisation, activism and organising techniques
- Understanding of Australian parliamentary processes and experience in developing government relations and influencing decision makers
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and media
Desirable criteria for selection
- Fluency in Myanmar language
- Member of Myanmar diaspora
Executive Officer, Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA
Member organisations of the Myanmar Campaign Network, APHEDA International Organiser, Myanmar.
- This position will be based in Melbourne or Sydney, or another location subject to negotiation.
- The salary range for this position is $81,644-$85,899 gross annually
- 5 days/week at 37.5 hours/week (4 days/week will also be considered)
- 4 weeks annual leave plus additional Xmas-New Year period
- Terms and conditions of employment are as per the Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA Enterprise Agreement 2019-2022, which includes 15% superannuation.
- Salary packaging is available and family-friendly conditions apply.