- Casual / Part Time
- Supportive Team & Competitive Pay
- Locations: Burwood / Earlwood / Hurstville
About the organisation
Australian Nursing Home Foundation (ANHF) is a well-known, leading culturally specific community-based No-For-Profit aged care provider in Sydney.
Our vision is to be the model provider of culturally appropriate residential and community aged care in Australia. To honour and respect our elders as family in happy, caring communities is our continuous mission.
About the role
- Provide a leading role in clinical care to residents.
- Responsible for all the required processes in the provision of high quality care services in ANHF Nursing home.
- Support Care Manager in providing information, advice, referral and direct support services to residents in meeting their identified care needs.
- Provides direction, support and guidance to team leaders to ensure their teams are effectively engaged in the delivery of person centred care to residents, and monitors activities against specific performance requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support and mentoring to new team members, and acts as a resource as required;
- Maintains efficient and effective documentation systems where required;
- Conducts care recipient assessments either as scheduled or when a change in care recipients health status indicates;
- Attends to complex wound procedures;
- Oversees care delivery to care recipients with complex and chronic health problems;
- Develops and evaluates care plans to improve care recipients care in consultation with care recipients and their representatives;
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with care recipients, colleagues and visitors;
- Ensures safe medication management systems in line with legislative guidelines and standards;
- Maintain close observation daily on the condition and behaviour of the residents;
- Organise and attend medical practitioners’ or allied health professionals’ visits as required;
- Carry out and supervise the daily treatment for residents as ordered;
- Ensure all observations are carried out as scheduled or as when necessary and maintain in the records;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in maintaining a high standard of care;
- Maintain optimal standard of care for all care recipients and take initiatives to attend to care recipients’ care needs with a supportive and respectful manner;
- Follow all administrative protocols as required.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidates should possess but not limit to the following:
- Currently be AHPRA registered
- Minimum 1 year of experience in residential aged care or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementation of nursing care plans for older people
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of WHS, EEO and anti discrimination legislative requirements
- Evidence of effective leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy including knowledge and competency in basic Microsoft application
- National Police Clearance
- Australian Citizenship / Permanent Residency
- Fluent in English and Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Demonstrate knowledge in ACFI claim, the Accreditation Standards and the Accreditation process
- Experience working with culturally and Linguistically Diverse populations.
We offer a range of benefits including competitive pay rate, ongoing training and career development opportunities within the organisation.