Anglicare’s Townsville-based Community Aged & Disability team is looking for a Part Time team leader. It is essential that you are a proactive and confident trainer, who supports active learning and can step from Team Leader to service delivery as required in providing care to a range of clients, including older people and those with disabilities.
What We Can Offer You
- Work with a team of passionate and caring professionals, under an proactive and empowering manager
- Part time hours (3 days per week), enabling genuine balance with work and your other commitments
- Supporting clients within your local community to lead enriched lives
- Further training with career development and opportunities
- An increase in take-home pay with full not-for-profit Salary Packaging options
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. Join our team today and make a difference within your local community & to your working life.
To be successful in the role you will have a willingness to be flexible across 3-5 days; and have the following criteria:
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Health preferably. Also eligible would be Certificate IV in Aged Care, Community Care or Disability Services if you also have some practical experience in group activities/lifestyle programs and a genuine interest in developing your career in this sector and willingness to undertake further training.
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption (or willingness to obtain)
- A current National Police Certificate (these are valid for 3 years)
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Proven background in planning, conducting and evaluating lifestyle programs that incorporate choice and wellness
- Previous experience in organising and facilitating both in-home and centre-based activities, group outings and social support programs for older people and those with disabilities
- Confident in providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to a team and promoting a collaborative, productive working environment
- Engagement and management of volunteers as a valuable addition to service delivery
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people in a professional and friendly manner
- Commitment to ongoing quality improvement and professional development of the service and yourself
- Strong conflict resolution, prioritisation and time management skills, and the ability to work productively within deadlines
- Excellent administrative, reporting and documentation skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Please send us a copy of your current resume. We will connect with you to complete an online assessment when you are shortlisted and arrange interviews soon after.
JOB NUMBER 327038
For further information please contact: Judy Atkins on 1300 610 610
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.