Amber is a new way to buy power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 30 mins and the technology to shift more of their energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid. It’s a cheaper way to buy power and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy.
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs including Square Peg Capital, Giant Leap (Impact Investment Group) and Black Sheep Capital. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of 28 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
About the Role
As the Partnerships Marketing Manager you will be taking ownership of partner marketing, helping to build our marketing engine to rapidly take Amber to 100,000+ customers.
You’ll own and build Amber’s partner marketing from the ground up. You’ll develop the core vision and strategy to scale up partnerships across the marketing funnel, with the goal to strengthen the Amber brand and drive user acquisition. You’ll prioritise across proactive co-marketing opportunities and inbound partnership offers to identify the right partners for maximum impact. You’ll create large, custom partnerships, aligning interests to a win-win situation. You’ll manage these significant projects across announcement and PR, partnership build and launch, and measurement and reporting. You’ll also build the approach to engage many 3rd party organisations (affiliates) in a programmatic way and drive referrals at scale. In addition, you’ll design and optimise the user-to-user referral channel, galvanising our customers as advocates and partners in our growth. You’ll evolve all partnerships and partner types over time to increase contribution to the marketing mix and to drive the strongest return.
You’ll report directly to the CMO and will be a key member of the marketing team with the potential to become a future leader in the company.
- Scale up partner marketing dramatically with a tiered strategy across partnerships types
- Prioritise inbound and outbound partnership opportunities for strategic value, potential impact, and brand alignment considerations
- Drive hands-on day-to-day management of partner marketing activity from beginning to end, including strategy and partnership design, campaign and creative/content, plus experimentation and reporting
- Launch and manage priority, strategic partnerships for both brand and acquisition outcomes across target segments
- Develop our affiliate partner program to scale referrals from 3rd-party organisations
- Build out our user-to-user referral program as key driver of growth, collaborating with the product team
- Develop hypotheses for new creative ideas and test and learn to continuously improve partner marketing results
- Identify and manage external vendors to support program execution and supplement the team’s capabilities and capacity, ex. MentionMe, Partnerise, Impact, or PR/creative partners
- Work with the analytics teams to establish clear partner marketing measurement and tracking
- Align with brand marketing efforts for maximum combined impact in-market
- Build a predictable partner marketing engine that can deliver industry-leading referral and conversion rates
- Contribute significantly to marketing’s delivery of our first 100k+ customers
- Deliver strong brand awareness and education in key audiences via partnerships
- You have 5+ years experience working in high-performing marketing/growth teams
- You can build plans for large-scale custom partnerships, as well as standardised, repeatable engagements.
- You are an expert at building productive inter-company relationships and are skilled at managing external stakeholders.
- You have experience in partnerships management, partner marketing, brand marketing, or digital marketing, and collaborating closely with business and tech functions
- You are an expert project manager who can build and land multiple, big projects on time
- You love distilling numbers and insights into impactful strategy, briefs, and storytelling.
- You thrive in uncertain situations but are always trying to put structure around things and have sound prioritisation skills
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to explain, argue, and convince others about your ideas in both verbal and written formats
- You are energised by the challenge of rapidly scaling a high growth business where your work will make a huge impact
- You care deeply about the people you work with and building an inclusive workplace.
- You’re passionate about changing the world and driving Australia towards 100% renewable energy.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangement
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
Salary: To be discussed
Start Date: As soon as possible
What we believe a great team looks like
- We build a brand that customers love. We understand our customers and create a positive connection with them through every interaction. We deliver such surprise and delight that they enjoy telling their friends and family about it.
- We look beyond growth to customer value. We seek to grow not just via the lowest cost customer but the right customers that will love their Amber experience and greatly benefit from what we have to offer.
- We are willing to take calculated risks on bold ideas. We seek to do things differently and are willing to try creative ideas if we believe there is significant upside, with a culture where we recognise that not all ideas will succeed.
- We take a hypothesis driven approach. We listen to our customers and develop hypotheses of actions we can take to improve every aspect of our marketing and run experiments to test if those hypotheses are true.
- We are data driven. We set up the systems to easily track the performance of each new hypothesis so we can quickly determine whether or not we were right.
- We seek insight. We seek to disaggregate the data to draw out the insight from an experiment to inform our next hypothesis.
- We continually learn and improve. We keep track of the experiments we have run and the lessons we have learnt so that we continually improve and never make the same mistake twice.
- We prioritise the biggest opportunities. We test a variety of channels but quickly cut what isn’t working and double down on what is.
- We develop a repeatable growth process. We create repeatable channels and scalable programs for growth. We seek to build a growth engine with predictable results and acquisitions costs.
- We see ourselves as one team and have fun. We work closely with the tech and operations teams to build a delightful product and customer experience. We trust each other. We love coming to work, and interacting with our colleagues and customers. If we spot an opportunity for a joke, or to do something nice for someone, then we take it.