Amber Electric is a new kind of electricity company, designed to unlock the value of renewables for everyone. We are kickstarting a smart energy revolution by empowering customers with direct access to wholesale electricity prices, as well as enabling them to shift their energy use to times when cheap wind and solar energy are generating.
We have early customers who love what we’re doing, great investors, and we have just launched to the rest of the National Electricity Market - ready to disrupt a huge market.
About the team
As an Energy Consultant (Sales) you’ll be working as part of the marketing team to enthusiastically handle inbound inquiries from prospective customers who are wanting to join Amber’s smart energy revolution. As your experience grows you’ll take on more responsibility within your role as the founding member of Amber’s team of energy consultants.
This is a full-time role. Though we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this role will eventually be based in our Melbourne CBD office.
- Answer inbound inquiries from prospective customers via phone, email, chat, and social media, informing them about our unique product and wholesale pricing.
- Surprise and delight prospective customers with outstanding service.
- Improve processes and create guides and SOPs to make responding to inbound inquiries more effective and efficient.
- Perform bill comparisons and help prospective customers understand whether they’ll be better off with Amber.
- Build a movement by championing Amber’s mission to accelerate Australia’s transition to 100% renewables.
- Automate high-quality responses to frequently asked questions.
- Report back to the Marketing team on key themes, observations, and insights related to inbound inquiries.
- You love interacting with people over the phone and in writing - the idea of doing this all day energises you.
- You’re passionate about getting Australia to 100% renewables and tackling climate change.
- You’re willing to learn about the nuts and bolts of the retail energy industry.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong computer and web skills, with experience using customer service platforms like Zendesk a plus.
- You’re always on the lookout for ways to improve and streamline processes.
- You’re able to work autonomously as the first full-time member of our inbound sales team.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid base of IT competence
Ideal, but not required:
- Experience in the energy sector
- Experience in sales or customer support
- Prior experience with Zendesk
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangement.
We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul).
What we believe a great team looks like
- We put the customer at the centre of everything we do. Whatever it is we are doing, it’s always with a viewpoint that this will help our customers, whether that’s 1000 customers right now, or 1 million customers over the next 10 years.
- We are willing to take calculated risks on bold ideas. We seek to do things differently and are willing to try creative ideas if we believe there is significant upside with a culture where we recognise that not all ideas will succeed.
- Hypothesis driven approach. We develop hypotheses of actions we can take to improve the business and then set up the systems to quickly test if that hypothesis was correct.
- We seek insight. We seek to disaggregate the data to draw out the insight to inform our next hypothesis.
- We prioritise the biggest opportunities. We test a variety of ideas but quickly cut what isn’t working and double down on what is.
- We continually learn and improve. We keep track of what we have learnt so that we continually improve and never make the same mistake twice.
- We love accountability. We accept responsibility for solving problems, and then we hold ourselves and our teammates accountable for delivering on them.
- We create leverage. We believe that the key to creating an efficient business at scale is to create leverage in everything we do. Whether that’s implementing better processes or developing a new technology to solve a problem faster.
- We have fun. We love coming to work and interacting with our colleagues and customers. If we spot an opportunity for a joke, or to do something nice for someone, then we take it.