Amber is a new way to buy power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 30 mins and the technology to shift more of their energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid. It’s a cheaper way to buy power and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy.
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs including Square Peg Capital, Giant Leap (Impact Investment Group) and Black Sheep Capital. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of 20 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Amber’s Digital Marketing Manager you will plan, execute, manage, report on and take ownership of Amber’s performance marketing spend, which will be a critical piece of our marketing engine to rapidly take Amber to 100,000+ customers.
You’ll take a hypothesis-led and data driven approach to test new creative ideas, new channels and new audiences. You’ll scale up our existing performance marketing channels, and think creatively to open up new channels that we haven’t even considered. You’ll take calculated risks on bold, creative ideas. You’ll ensure we are putting the right message in front of the right people at the right time to ensure we are not only minimising our CACs and maximising our growth rate, but also maximising our NPS and LTV.
You’ll report directly to the CMO and will be a key member of the marketing team with the potential to become a future leader in the company.
- Scaling up our performance marketing channels dramatically, including hands-on day-to-day management of performance marketing activity across paid social, paid search, and other paid and owned channels (eg SEO and organic social).
- Building out our performance marketing dashboards including the data reporting systems, marketing analytics and attribution models to draw out the insight from the marketing data in order to provide rapid feedback on which new creative, audiences and marketing funnel improvements are working.
- Based on these insights rapidly develop hypotheses for new creative ideas to test each month by building a rigorous test and learn system to continuously improve every aspect of the marketing funnel.
- Working closely with inhouse and/or outsourced creative teams to develop new creative based on the insights from the performance marketing.
- Building and optimising direct response landing pages for the best conversion rates.
- Build a world class performance marketing engine
- Deliver 100k+ customers at industry leading customer acquisition costs.
- You have 5+ years experience working in high performing marketing/growth teams - in fast growth environments with proven results.
- You have experience running performance marketing campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and other paid platforms, from client or agency side.
- You love numbers and identifying the stories they tell. You’re a data driven growth marketer with a strong understanding of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, and have experience building dashboards in Google Data Studio or similar.
- You have worked with CRM systems and marketing automation technology, using APIs and Webhooks to automate processes between marketing platforms.
- You have experience using Google Tag Manager and implementing custom tags, as well as conversion rate optimisation expertise, building landing pages and utilising tools such as Google Optimise.
- You have a solid understanding of Google Search Console and SEO tools and concepts, applying those to curate Amber’s online presence.
- You have experience working with creative teams and building successful performance campaigns. You’re across the latest and greatest in the media industry
- You already have original ideas to improve our acquisition costs, that you can’t wait to test.
- You’re a strategic, systems thinker who gets satisfaction from compounding small improvements.
- You are energised by the challenge of helping us rapidly scale a high growth business where your work will make a huge positive impact.
- You care deeply about the people you work with and building an inclusive workplace.
- You’re passionate about changing the world and driving Australia towards 100% renewable energy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: [Your name] Digital Marketing Manager application via EthicalJobs. Please add your full name and the role you're applying for in the subject line of your email i.e Lucy Smith - Digital Marketing Manager via EthicalJobs.
Please answer the following question in your cover letter:
- What’s the most important insight you have into performance marketing that most people miss?
Do NOT click Apply Now.