Disability Support Worker - Casual and ongoing positions available in the North East, North West, Inner East and South Eastern Metropolitan areas that speak Greek, Italian and Mandarin to support non-speaking English clients.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will provide people with a disability the necessary supports they require to achieve their goals and aspirations.
We are looking for dynamic Support Workers that want to assist people to achieve their personal goals and who are passionate and highly dependable to start as soon as possible with great employee benefits.
EMPLOYMENT IS SUBJECT TO A SATISFACTORY
- Current Police Check (mandatory).
- International police record check required of applicants who lived overseas for 12 months or longer during the past 10 years are required to provide the results of an international check.
- Working with children check (mandatory).
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (mandatory).
- Driver’s License.
- Referee Check.
- Copies of all relevant qualifications.
- Employment history including disciplinary action disclosure.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Certificate IV in Disability (or equivalent).
- A level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Experience in behaviours of concern, complex needs and mental health support.
- Assist clients to actively participate within their community.
- Understanding client needs, preferences and individualised support.
- Respect clients.
- Ensure they are reaching their goals.
- Supporting them in their health, personal care, exercise regime, community access and new experiences that come along the way.
- Studying and understanding our client’s individual behaviours and knowing their triggers.
- Support clients to live a quality life with dignity and social inclusion.
- Mental Health and Behaviour of Support experience.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Effective communication both verbal and written.
- Self – motivator and team player.
- Understanding of confidentiality with in the Disability Sector.
- Understand behaviours of concern.
- Reporting and recording relevant documentation at NDIS standard.
- Understanding of Client Incident Management.
- Understanding of Mental health and well being
- Understanding of PEG feeding
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- As per Contract of Employment and the social, community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- The position involves shift work, weekend work, public holidays and sleepover shifts.
- Community access and in-home support.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.