Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We’re seeking a Senior Practitioner to join our team based on the Gold Coast.
This position is full-time, fixed term until 31 December 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond December 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Lead the professional practice of your teams.
- Provide professional clinical supervision for practitioners within the Sexual Abuse Counselling Service (SACS), Assessment and Service Connect (ASC) & SafeCare Programs.
- Manage a caseload when required, which involves providing therapy services to families, caregivers, kids and young people.
- Encourage and strengthen supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Work with other professionals and agencies to enhance client outcomes.
- Develop partnerships and community referral pathways and protocols in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (Psychology or Social Work).
- Qualification in professional supervision are desirable (e.g. STAP accredited)
- At least 5 years’ experience providing therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people and children in a child protection framework.
- At least 2 years’ experience providing clinical supervision for multidisciplinary teams.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- An ability to lead and build a strong, cohesive team in alignment with Act for Kids’ values.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $90,442 - $94,437 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Tracy Smyth on 0428 822 666 or Tracy.Smyth@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Senior Practitioner - Psychologist / Social Worker - Gold Coast enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.