- Permanent full-time and part-time options available
- Join a multidisciplinary team delivering therapeutic services to children impacted by complex childhood trauma
- Clinical flexibility with focus on holistic and relationship-based interventions
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking new team members to join our new purpose to help keep kids safe, heal from trauma, and lead happy lives.
Due to a demand in services, we’re seeking Registered Psychologists to join our Integrated Therapy Services (ITS) team in permanent full-time and a part-time opportunities. If you are a dedicated practitioner with a passion for working with kids and a desire to work in a for-purpose organisation, this is the role you've been looking for.
- Deliver an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families.
- Provide psychological assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals, and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews and other case discussions as required.
- Act as a client focused, values based team member and work collaboratively with other staff to achieve strong results across all activities at Act for Kids.
- A tertiary qualification in psychology
- National registration with the Psychology Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Positive Working With Children Check (WWCC) and NDIS Worker Screening Check applicable to employment in NSW.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and to cultivate a strengths-based approach.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 10% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees).
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values based organisation.
- Join a trauma-informed workplace where staff are passionate about the work we do.
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities).
- Paid parental leave and study assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal.
- Excellent family friendly work environment.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Robyn Eliudi on 0447 573 095 or Robyn.Eliudi@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Registered Psychologists - Integrated Therapy Services - Sydney enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.