- Work Type/s: 4-5 days/week (please specify your preference when applying)
- Salary: $65,000-$80,000 + super depending on experience (pro rata if part time)
- Classification/s: Administration/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney office (preferred) or Canberra office, with the possibility for work from home if desired
ACCR challenges companies to respond to the most important issues of our time, like how they treat their workers, the planet and all who have a stake in their business activities, such as First Nations communities. We are compelled by the importance and urgency of these matters, and use all the tools available to shareholders to make concerns known to companies, to seek fast and effective change. We were founded as a non-profit organisation in 2012, and since that time we have promoted ethical investment and assisted investors through education, research, collaboration, engagement and advocacy.
As part of its climate related work, ACCR is coordinating the implementation of Say on Climate in Australia (www.sayonclimate.org). This initiative encourages sustainable business practices around the globe by advocating for corporate climate action plans with an annual shareholder vote on those plans and the company’s progress against its plans. ACCR will support shareholders in ASX-listed companies who wish their companies to adopt the Say on Climate initiative. To do this, ACCR will file shareholder resolutions with the support of at least 100 shareholders asking companies to make the climate commitments under the Say on Climate initiative. The filing of resolutions requires an understanding of Australian corporations law and how companies manage their AGMs, together with excellent planning and logistics management.
This role will be for a contract period to the end of July 2021, starting ASAP, with the potential for extension.
Responsible to: COO/ Shareholder Engagement Lead
The Stakeholder Engagement Officer is responsible for supporting the administration and operations of ACCR’s Say on Climate project including, but not limited to:
General stakeholder engagement
- Assisting in development and execution of retail shareholder engagement strategy
- Working with colleagues to engage retail shareholders and other partners in the Say on Climate initiative
- Undertaking ongoing data analysis for responsive strategy adjustment
- Drafting campaign summaries
- Maintaining project documentation including supporting retail shareholders to register their interest and shareholdings with ACCR
- Communicating with shareholders and supporters
- Assisting to maintain related databases and website content
- Ensuring the accuracy and security of project data
- Monitoring calendar of company annual general meetings (AGMs) and filing deadlines
- Inspecting company share registers and assessing share registry service delivery
- Reviewing and updating agency agreements
- Undertaking logistics for lodging resolutions e.g. printing, postage, ordering couriers
- Coordinating attendance at AGMs and preparing proxy forms as needed
- General administrative assistance, including filing, mailing and information management
- Ability to quickly learn and accurately follow processes
- Willingness to undertake basic office tasks as well as participate in strategic thinking and suggest and implement improvements
- An aptitude for using technology, updating databases, data analysis, ideally experience using various systems and software
- Ability to draft content and correspondence for a professional audience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate in and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in corporations law and the regulatory framework impacting on companies, with existing knowledge being an advantage, and in community mobilisation
- Passion for corporate responsibility
- Great interpersonal skills and readiness to have a laugh
- Experience in an office environment and with operational or administrative duties would be an advantage
- While not a requirement, this role is likely to suit a graduate of a relevant university course, e.g. business, commerce, economics, political economy, social sciences, law
ACCR encourages applications from people who identify as First Nations, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, and members of the LGBTQI+ community.
A position description is attached.