AccordWest is a vibrant, not-for-profit, community-based Organisation. We are offering a unique and fulfilling employment opportunity for a suitability qualified, innovative and motivated person for the full-time position of HR Specialist (Corporate Services) with a strong emphasis on Human Resources but be involved in and support where necessary all Corporate Services activities. This position will be based in our Bunbury office but cover the full service area of the organisation.
In this role:
- You will have a strong focus on Human Resources and have general involvement other aspects of Corporate Services area.
- You will provide support to the team of Corporate Services staff including Human Resources, Finance and be involved with co-ordination of and not limited too, Recruitment, Health & Safety, Workers Compensation and System security.
- You will provide strategic advice and input on workforce management developments, options and opportunities that will support organisational success and minimise risk.
- You will maintain and keep current a suite of current human resources policies and procedures and contribute to updating where required.
- You will contribute to and advice on employment law-related legal obligations.
- You will manage the entire process of advertising, sourcing and engaging employees.
- You will manage the process of inducting a new employee into the organisation to get them job-ready and to foster a positive attitude towards the organisation and its objectives.
- You will manage all termination of employment arrangements (voluntary and involuntary) and any related post-employment responsibilities.
- You will contribute to the management of the performance appraisal and performance management processes including supporting managers with their discussion with staff about work performance and career development.
- You will be involved in the Health & Safety team to support, co-ordinate and orchestrate workplace health and safety management and employee wellness, to mitigate the risks we face at work.
- You will manage the training system process and procedures, including, but not limited to, the development and maintenance of the organisations training matrix, annual training calendar, data collection and analysis of feedback and evaluations.
- You will manage the process of surveying and analysing the workplace atmosphere, staff satisfaction and engagement with their jobs and organisational objectives and recommending initiatives for improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in business, human resources, finance or other relevant field of study.
- Minimum of three years of post-graduate experience in a relevant role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members and people in the organisation.
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of the legal and moral obligations related to client confidentiality and privacy.
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Form 395 Clearance from Department of Communities
- Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Self-motivated team player who is able to work collaboratively within the fast changing community services environment.
Generous salary incentives and conditions (including salary packaging) apply.
At Accordwest we are committed to our ethos of “Every Story Matters.” We are committed to reflecting the needs of every individual within every community within which we work. Our communities include people from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people
- People with disability
- Sexually and gender diverse people
- People with lived experience of adversity
- People of all ages
We welcome employment applications from people who live in, understand and want to work with people from these diverse and valuable communities.