This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people as it is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under Section 26 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2016.
Positions are located in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Hobart and Townsville.
Is the ACCC/AER Graduate Program on your wish list?
Congratulations! It’s time for you to start thinking about your career options for 2021 - you’re probably spending some time looking at all the major employers in the graduate market. Have you thought about working at the ACCC/AER?
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is an independent Commonwealth statutory authority whose role is to enforce the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and a range of additional legislation. This involves promoting competition, ensuring consumer protection and fair trading, as well as regulating monopoly infrastructure for the benefit of all Australians.
As a constituent part of the ACCC, the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is staffed by ACCC employees, but operates as a separate legal entity and has its own board. As well as other duties, the AER is responsible for the economic regulation of the wholesale electricity market and gas transmission networks.
Why the ACCC and AER?
The ACCC/AER is a great place to work because:
- We have a great reputation and we are highly regarded for the work we do;
- We have the opportunity to work on lots of different, exciting matters;
- We can see the difference we are making in the Australian community, particularly through high-profile matters such as Takata airbags, the NBN, electricity pricing, financial services, digital platforms, the dairy industry, criminal cartels, consumer data and more;
- We have a culture that encourages continuous development and diversity and employees who are highly engaged and passionate about what we do.
If you have tertiary qualifications, we believe you could be a good fit within the ACCC/AER and we’d encourage you to apply. This could be from any discipline, for example:
- Arts and design
- Business and government
- Communications, public-relations and media
- Data analysis and statistics
- Education and social work
- Finance and accounting
- IT, computer science and technology
- Mathematics and engineering
- Medicine, health and psychology
- Science and humanities
Joining the ACCC/AER as a graduate, you can expect:
- A competitive starting salary of $62,107 per annum from 8 February 2021, advancing to $65,452 per annum from mid-May 2021, $71,105 in November 2021 and up to $80,893 upon successful completion of the program challenging rotations across various Divisions
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions, including the ability to work part-time (minimum 30 hours per week)regular opportunities to network, socialise, share experiences and develop relationships;
- An entry level program coordinator and assigned buddy;
- A workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity.
Want even more benefits?
In addition to the benefits of the graduate program, as an ongoing employee of the ACCC/AER you will also be eligible for:
- An attractive remuneration package, including a base salary + 15.4% superannuation and annual salary reviews;
- Excellent leave benefits, including four weeks of annual leave and sick leave per year (pro-rated for part time employees), the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave and paid parental leave (after a qualifying period);
- Flexible working conditions, including options to work part-time and access to our flex scheme; and
- Ongoing career development, including chances to work in different ACCC/AER offices, opportunities for advancement and mobility within the organisation, formal and on-the job training programs and possibilities to participate in secondments with other APS agencies.
Need to know more?
Check out our Graduate Opportunities page for more information, including testimonies from some of our recent graduates.