WE STAND FOR COMPASSION
Teach students to stand for what's right.
ACAP equips its students with a deep understanding of human behaviour, the skills to make a positive difference and the resilience to enjoy long, healthy careers in counselling. As a leader of the Sydney Counselling team, you'll lead your team to develop confident and skilled counsellors.
Are you right for us?
- Are you an inspirational and experienced academic with a doctoral qualification in counselling or a cognate field?
- Do you have a rigorous track record in designing, leading, and managing counselling courses delivered on-campus, online and blended delivery?
- Do you have experience practicing as a Counsellor and are you driven to contribute to a more sustainable and compassionate society?
- Are you an ethical leader who strategically leads and manages quality learning and teaching innovations?
- Are you a collaborative academic who respects and motivates staff and students to reach their potential?
- Do you genuinely engage as an active member of relevant professional associations such as PACFA, ACA, CICA, or ICF?
It's not a role for the faint hearted, but if you're a successful candidate you'll enjoy an exhilarating, higher education environment supported by our expanding diverse community of educators, managers and students.
Are we right for you?
- If working in a vibrant, growing team that's committed to research, excellence and innovative teaching appeals to you, you'll flourish here.
- You'll be responsible for developing, leading and co-ordinating counselling subjects delivered online, on-campus, blended or a combination of both.
- You'll play a key role in our education development team, contributing to the creation of world class teaching programs that are endorsed by TEQSA and meet ACA, CICA, ICF accreditation standards.
- You'll collaborate with other ACAP experts in counselling and have opportunities to work with academics in social work, psychology, criminology and coaching.
- You may also be invited to host a morning tea with students - it's just what we love to do, to get to know our students better.
Turn students into changemakers
- We attract students from 40+ different nationalities, so the work you'll do will have far-reaching community benefits.
- We believe in producing real-world-ready changemakers who are curious, ethical, fit-to-practice and passionate about community welfare.
Enjoy a better all-round experience
- The all-round quality of the experience at ACAP consistently puts us at the top of student satisfaction ratings.
- It also secures strong relationships with professional and community organisations, who welcome ACAP's capable students for volunteering opportunities, service learning placements and hands-on projects.
- Flexible employment options (full time, job-share or part-time).
- 75% off study scholarships on all our courses (after six months)
- Up to 2 paid volunteer days per year for your passionate causes
- Health & Wellbeing packages including free counselling for employees and family,
discounted gym membership, movie tickets, travel, hotels and insurance.
Qualifications and experience:
- A PhD from an appropriate cognate discipline is required.
- Experience leading academics in a higher education institution.
Expertise and abilities:
- The ability to mentor your team to ignite and inspire our students over Zoom and in the classroom
- The ability to manage and balance the needs of students and staff, to support in the development of timetables and workloads of academics.
- Excellent scholarly expertise and/or industry expertise
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience as an academic team leader
- A communications connector who can build relationships throughout
- The ability to be flexible and to problem solve complex challenges
Why you should apply right now
- Because we will give you the opportunity to grow both as a professional and as a person
- We may fill the position earlier if we find the right candidate.
Apply online or contact Dr Susan Westraad (02) 9964 6418 for more information.
Curious for more?
For more information about ACAP and our long history of excellence in education, please visit www.acap.edu.au.
To view other opportunities, please visit www.navitas.com/careers.