About the Academy of Science
The Australian Academy of Science was founded by Royal Charter in 1954 and 540 of Australia’s leading scientists are currently Fellows. The Academy is an independent non-profit organisation that recognises outstanding contributions to science and research, provides expert advice to government, contributes to the development of science policy, promotes science education and public understanding of science, and fosters international scientific relations. This position is part of a Secretariat of about 70 people who work as a team to support activities undertaken by the Academy.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of the System Administrator is to provide support, maintain and enhance the Academy’s IT infrastructure and deliver on ad-hoc requests through a helpdesk system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer:
- Deploy and Support workstations, phones, servers, printers, scanners, routers, switches, firewalls and security systems.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, workstations, and other Academy devices.
- Research, recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches and re-configurations
- Maintain and update documentation as required, including, but not limited to server inventories, software licensing and other technical documentation
- Record, track and document the Incidents, Problems and Service Requests in the Service Desk tool, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution or reassigned.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining the following: Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based services, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL and SharePoint Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V
- Experience with deploying and configuring patch panels, switches, firewalls, servers, and network based storage devices
- 5+ years’ experience working in a desktop support environment delivering technical support for Windows and Macintosh system users.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional levels of customer service, and the ability to be accountable for delivering the optimal outcome while developing positive working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong understanding of English and attention to detail, and the ability to apply this in the writing of client facing and technical documentation.
- Experience with Salesforce, Fortigate, Okta, Webex, and VoIP environments.
Further information is available from:
Name: Chris Warren, Chief Information Officer
Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: System Administrator enquiry via EthicalJobs
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
The Australian Academy of Science values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment. The Academy supports and promotes flexible work practices.