Our client works with children and young people in the foster care system with a focus on family preservation and restoration.
This role will involve:
- Respond to carer enquires
- Participate in carer recruitment and intake processes as required
- Support new carers through delivering carer inductions and Shared Lives training
- Provide carers with support, practical advice, education and information
- Conduct reviews and assessments using Step By Step processes
- Develop, organise and lead social and support groups aimed at encouraging carers to meet, form relationships and build networks
My client is looking for someone who can work with autonomy and be self-motivated but as part of a team. A successful candidate will have experience in or an understanding of assessments and OOHC Policy and Practices.
The requirements for this role include:
- Diploma of Community Services, however, a degree in Social Work, Psychology or similar is preferred
- Step By Step registration or a willingness and ability to obtain registration
- Demonstrated skills and experience in carer recruitment, assessment, training, development and support
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, engage with people from diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of OOHC policy, standards and quality framework