Our Client is currently recruiting for an Aboriginal Identified OOHC Caseworker based in Wollongong. The OOHC Caseworker will hold a caseload of 8-10 children living in Foster Care, Kinship Care, or other OOHC services. This role is within the Permanency Support Program.
This role will involve;
- Case management of children living in OOHC
- Supporting Foster Care / Kinship Carers
- Attend review meetings, case conferences, worker meetings and consultation meetings and ensure appropriate documentation is kept
- Be a point of contact for matters relating to children on your caseload
- Regularly monitor the placement to ensure that the Carer is able to meet the needs of the children.
- Liaise with Foster Carer team with respect to training and development and resources to assist Carers
My Client is looking for a real team player, someone who is eager to learn and develop with a passion for children and young people in OOHC.
The requirements for this role include;
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualification in Community Services, Social Worker, Early Childhood, Psychology or similar
- At least 12 Months Case Management experience working with at-risk children, young people and or families in child protection focused role
- Understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with different stakeholders
This position is Aboriginal identified. To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the role be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
To apply hit APPLY NOW as we will be shortlisting for this position soon.
For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please call Andi Kandias on 02 9218 2419.