Ability Compass is a client-centred and ability-focused NDIS Disability Services Provider. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that provides disability supports with a human face. We rely on the vast experience and fresh eyes of our respectful and dedicated staff to assist our clients enjoy the best NDIS experience possible.
- Our Vision- An Australian society where people living with a disability are valued, included and empowered to live the life of their dreams.
- Our Mission- Supporting people living with a disability to self- direct how they look after themselves, access the community, socialise and work.
- Our Values– Compassion. Respect. Integrity.
If our vision, mission, values and service philosophy resonate with you…
If you have the passion to support NDIS participants achieve their goals and live the life of their dreams…and,
If you have the essential (and desirable) knowledge, skills and abilities we are looking for…
Then please get in touch, we would like to hear from you.
Our staff enjoy many benefits such as flexible working arrangements, congenial working environment and access to training for both personal and professional development.
Salary: $26 to 29/hour.
As a casual Support Worker, you will:
- Contribute to the overall care, health and wellbeing of NDIS clients.
- Work on a work-as-needed basis to offer exceptional client-directed supports, including personal care, domestic assistance, community access and social participation to our NDIS clients.
- Work with men, women and children who mostly live independently within their own homes
- Cover shifts at different times of the day – morning, afternoon, night and sleepovers
- Work at several locations across Sydney - Sydney CBD, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West, Sutherland Shire, Western Sydney and North West Sydney
- Contributing to planning and record keeping including updating progress notes, communication books etc
- Liaison with clients' families and other providers as required
- Minimum of 1 year experience delivering personal care, domestic assistance, community access and social participation supports to NDIS clients
- Minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent
- A thorough understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- An ability to work independently or as part of a team as needed
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate. Respectfulness, Integrity
- Driver's Licence and a comprehensively ensured own vehicle
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current Police Check (less than 3 months old)
- Working with Children Check
- Bowel care experience or willingness to undergo training
- Tube feeding experience or willingness to undergo training
- Catheter management experience or willingness to undergo training
- Hoist experience or willingness to undergo training
- Ability to speak English and another language (preferably Arabic or Fasci or Mandarin or Dari or Dinka) fluently – some of our clients are non-English speaking. Applicants who speak only English are also welcome to apply.
Ability Compass adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety and is a child safe organisation.