- 1 year contract with potential to move to Permanent position
- 0.6 FTE part-time - 22.5 hours per week
- 6 to 10 weeks holiday per year, by negotiation (flexible working arrangements available)
Sydney or Melbourne
Role start date:
As soon as possible
The Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) is a not-for-profit organisation that partners education with business through the development and delivery of unique workplace experiences for students from low socio-economic schools. Based on a membership model, ABCN is made up of over 40 member companies that represent a breadth of industries and include well-recognised, national and global organisations. We are led by an experienced body of CEOs who actively participate in business and education partnerships and support their employees to do the same. Together we share a common vision to create positive change in the community, empowering young Australians to reach their potential in the future world of work.
We connect volunteers from our member companies with students to provide fun, workplace-based mentoring programs to develop students’ confidence, skills and aspirations vital for thriving in the workplace of the future.
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, this role offers an exciting opportunity to support significant growth and development goals in the years ahead.
Working alongside the broader Partnerships team, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will contribute to the overall success of ABCN. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying, nurturing and securing new companies to join the ABCN member network;
- Building relationships with existing member companies to deepen engagement and maximise impact outcomes; and
- Developing and successfully executing a strategic revenue plan, focusing on support from major donors, trusts, foundations and capital campaigns.
Applicants seeking flexible, part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply. We are open to flexible working arrangements, including spreading the hours over a number of days. ABCN provides a default 6 weeks holiday per year, but we are open to increased weeks of holiday. ABCN has DGR1 status so salary packaging opportunities are available.
We are looking for a self-driven corporate partnerships and fundraising professional with a proven track record in developing corporate and donor relationships to deliver significant revenue. Key responsibilities include:
- Implement ABCN’s strategic plan for growth in collaboration with the Partnerships team, including targets, deliverables and network building
- Identify, nurture and secure new member companies
- Cultivate and nurture new donor relationships to drive philanthropic portfolio growth
- Manage and grow existing philanthropic donor income to ensure mutually beneficial relationships
- Write clear and compelling proposals and grant submissions to engage, inspire and secure donors
- Monitor existing member engagement in collaboration with the Partnerships team, identify opportunities to build and enhance the member experience, including evaluation and impact assessment reporting
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a clear focus on strategic engagement and growth
- Work with the Communications team to profile partnerships and build awareness of ABCN
The role includes both strategic and operational responsibilities and, to be successful, you will be a natural and driven networker with exceptional influencing and relationship building skills.
- Experience in business development/client relationship management (corporate background preferred but not essential), you will work under the guidance of the Head of Partnerships to develop the skills and experience necessary to thrive in this varied and challenging role
- Knowledge of and links to Philanthropic Foundations and Trusts, with a proven track record of success in grant-writing and building strategic partnerships
- Strong leadership qualities, including strategic thinking and ability to inspire others
- Service oriented with a high level of relationship management skills to build relationships with members, key stakeholders and the ABCN team
- Highly developed written, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, self-starter with the capability to work autonomously, prioritise a sizeable workload and juggle competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building effective relationships, positive interaction and creative problem solving
- Interest and passion for building business and community partnerships to inspire students to reach their potential
The Strategic Partnerships Manager is required to commit to key performance indicators (KPIs) each of which are monitored and assessed by the Head of Partnerships.
At ABCN we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity. We actively encourage applications from any background.