- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), fixed term opportunities until 30 June 2021
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
Based in Glenside, SA, the Younger Onset Dementia (YOD) Support Coordinator will provide dementia specialist support to assist people living with younger onset dementia, aged under 65 years, to access and interface with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) This support will be predominately provided via Coordination of Support (CoS) services, to assist people to implement their NDIS plans, meet identified goals and connect with services and supports that best meet their needs.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, Client Services, you will also be responsible for:
- Engaging with NDIS funded and mainstream services in line with client goals and needs as identified in their NDIS plan
- Assisting people to identify, link with and choose supports in their local community which will assist them to meet their goals
- Collaborating with Dementia Australia service teams to ensure integrated and coordinated approaches to addressing the needs of people living with younger onset dementia.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Experience in the delivery of Coordination of Support Services and an understanding of NDIS processes and systems.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse groups and people living in rural and remote regions.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service.
- Hold a valid Child Related Employment Check and/or DSES check or willingness to obtain one
- Proof of qualifications
- Required to present proof of flu immunisation or willingness to obtain one
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Lynn Field on email@example.com, using the subject line: Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator - Adelaide enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.
A position description is attached.