About the role
The General Practice Support Officer will work as part of a dynamic team assisting general practices and primary care stakeholders across our region (Penrith, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, Blue Mountains). A key component of the role is to engage and build strong relationships with local GPs, Practice Nurses and Staff to support the adoption of service delivery systems, new initiatives and assist them improve patient outcomes.
This is a rewarding role requiring a person who is passionate about customer service; has a track record of successful project delivery; enjoys learning and wants to work with like-minded people who contribute to improved health care in the community. If this sounds like your ideal role then we would like to hear from you. Training specific to the role is provided.
This position being offered in a full time or part time capacity (minimum 4 days per week) and is funded until June 2022. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
For more information about what our Primary Care Support and Development team does, please click here.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in health, business, communications or a related field.
- Effective interpersonal and engagement skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and communication skills with experience in reporting and presenting.
- Demonstrated strong organisational and project management skills with an ability to manage competing timelines and prioritise deliverables.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite, customer relationship management software and databases.
- Demonstrated positive can do attitude with a willingness to learn new skills and apply them in your work.
- Experience in delivery of training and exchange of information to individuals and/or small groups.
- Experience with digital health and clinical information systems e.g. My Health Record, Best Practice and Medical Director.
About Wentworth Healthcare Ltd
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd, provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN), is a not for profit organisation whose main goal is the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community.
Wentworth Healthcare Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic, disability or age.
Why you should come work with us
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Work from home opportunities
- Not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (subject to government criteria)
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave)
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave)
- Generous support toward professional development
- Free onsite parking
How to Apply
To submit your application, please click the 'Apply Now' button.
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the requirements stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will be undertaken.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.