- Permanent, part-time 22.8 hours per week
- Based at Freeman House in Armidale, NSW
- Hourly rate $36.76, Level 3A, Residential Drug and Alcohol Agreement
- Current NSW Driver
What we do:
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society's mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a 'hands up' approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Directorate and Team Overview:
The Group Worker/Counsellor position is in the Vinnies Services directorate that provides a range of evidence-based services and programs that support men, women and children experiencing poverty or disadvantage to rebuild their lives. The role is part of the Health team that is responsible for statewide management of excellent health services.
The Group Worker/Counsellor will deliver high quality, evidence based counselling to the participants of the Freeman House Residential Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Service. Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging relevant clinical assessments and implement appropriate clinical interventions through individual counselling
- Completing risk assessments
- Facilitating psycho-social educational and counselling groups
- Timely completion of case and counselling notes
- Participation in: policy development in line with Quality Improvement process, external clinical supervision, meetings, training/professional development, case review meetings
- Liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders and other providers of services to this population
- Collection of demographic, service provision and outcomes data
This role will report to the Team Leader - Case Management. Please click here for a copy of the position description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary level qualifications counselling, in social work or psychology or behavioural sciences, or a related discipline
- Current membership of the appropriate peak body (e.g. APS, ACA, PACFA, AASW)
- The ability and experience to be able to deliver therapeutic interventions, counselling services and treatment planning
- Competent and knowledgeable in assessing and working with people with complex presentations and trauma
- Experience conducting risk assessments, including suicide and violence risks, and develop action plans that mitigate these risks
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating group work and training
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people and demonstrated ability to confidently apply de-escalation strategies in high conflict situations
- Well-developed organisational, time management, computer literacy and project management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Current Driver's Licence or willingness to obtain
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment toSafeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please contact Elodie Druitt by email Elodie.firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting Group Worker/Counsellor - Freeman House/VIN1751 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please click here for Information on how to apply.