- Respected executive management role reporting to the CEO
- Join a growing charity in a role critical to our Strategic Impact Plan deliverables
- Full time opportunity with significant flexibility
Raise is creating thriving communities by empowering young people to become resilient, capable and connected. We are impacting the wellbeing of young people by providing early intervention youth mentoring programs in high schools and we support over 2,000 young people and their mentors every year. Raise has an ambitious strategic impact goal to offer the program to every public secondary school in Australia, and we have an exciting opportunity to be part of the strategic direction of the organisation.
About the Role
The Research and Evaluation Director is responsible for the design, development and implementation of our Research and Evaluation Framework to ensure that Raise Foundation is evidence-based, meets exceptional quality standards and identifies and addresses emerging trends, service gaps and best practice.
Leading a cross-functional evaluation role, you will:
- Provide thought leadership, industry knowledge and expertise to prepare and manage the quarterly and annual research and evaluation strategy and budget;
- Lead, develop and manage the development and implementation of our research and evaluation approach ensuring that Raise can measure and communicate our impact on the wellbeing of young people who are at risk of disengaging;
- Provide expert advice to the leadership team and Board, identifying gaps and areas for improvement in program development and delivery and future initiatives in line with current best practice;
- Be an energising, motivating people leader to the Research Officer, Youth Engagement Manager and the Raise staff team;
- Manage the Raise Foundation Research Advisory Council with highly regarded and exceptionally experienced experts across the industry.
As with all of our employees, you have a genuine interest in the well-being of young people facing profound challenges in their lives.
You will be an experienced Research and Evaluation Executive, ideally within the Not for Profit sector, with an excellent track record of proving and improving the impact of community services.
You will demonstrate strong financial acumen and industry knowledge, having had prior experience applying this to business strategy and budgets with executive leadership teams.
In addition, you will have:
- An excellent academic track record with relevant undergraduate and postgraduate degree qualifications in a related field, or, if you do not have a relevant postgraduate qualification, significant experience in a related field;
- Demonstrated track record in the development and implementation of evaluation projects, preferably within a mental health or community setting;
- Extensive independent research experience and data analysis skills in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies;
- Excellent technical skills, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint or the equivalent; cloud-based document sharing (i.e. One Drive or Google Drive) and statistical software packages (SPSS and Nvivo or equivalent), and CRM such as Salesforce;
You agree to complete Raise Foundation's selection process including Youth Safety Checks and agree to hold a current Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check.
- This role can be based in our Sydney or Melbourne office, with flexibility to work from home for some of the week and is being offered on a full time basis.