- Full-Time opportunity
- Work within an established Therapeutic Community
- NFP Salary Sacrificing available
Odyssey House NSW (OHNSW) offers a great opportunity for a Therapist experienced in both group and one-to-one clinical work. The Therapist will work as an essential part of a multidisciplinary clinical team within an established therapeutic community.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD)/Working with Mental Health
- A Tertiary Degree in Counselling or related field
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience working with AOD misusers
- Demonstrated experience facilitating therapy groups and working one-to-one with clients
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to write succinct and accurate clinical records
- Knowledge of, and commitment to implementing the principles of WHS, Diversity, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery
- Current NSW Drivers’ License
- A current acceptable Criminal History Check and Working with Children employee clearance
- Knowledge of the evidence base underpinning the therapy groups
- Experience with treatment planning
- Experience working with client management systems
- Proficient in the use of technology
Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit, multi-site organisation that offers a diverse range of residential and community services for those impacted by the complexities of alcohol and other drug dependency.
The Odyssey House NSW teams are made up of experienced, skilled and motivated professionals who understand the challenges that may be impacting the life and health of individuals, their families, friends and the wider community due to alcohol and other drug dependency.
If you are interested in this role, meet the above criteria and believe you are a great fit for our organisation, apply as per below.