About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Join our Penrith Interim Care Program as a House Manager on a permanent, full time basis. The interim care program is designed to support children and young people between the ages of 9 and 14 years. As a House Manager you will supervise and roster staff, manage program budgets and activities and establish a safe homelike environment.
- Support the achievement of individual case plan goals of children and young people, including supporting them to be restored to their family, move to a permanent home or step down to less intensive placement types.
- Build key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be actively present in the home environment and build professional, trusting relationships with children and young people while role modelling, coaching and mentoring staff
- Work with Interim Care Residential Works to build meaningful routines for the children and young people
- Undertake rostering of residential workers ensuring risks are managed and staffing levels reflect the needs of children and young people living in the home.
- Work with staff, children and young people to create a home environment and engaging activities for our children and young people to participate in
- Manage house budget and ensure that services are delivered within the allocated budget.
- Support staff to apply the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention system (TCI) to prevent, de-escalate and respond to crisis incidents involving children and young people.
- Manage the Interim Care Home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma working towards a Bachelor’s Degree. A qualification is desirable but not essential for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with appropriate experience and willingness to undertake further training
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Commitment to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training and be assessed as TCI competent within the probationary period.
- Current First Aid Certificate and current driver’s licence.
- Experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma and disadvantage.
- Permanent, Full Time role
- Attractive Remuneration Package and salary sacrificing
- Fantastic career opportunities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: House Manager - Interim Care Program enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)