ABOUT THE ROLE
Glen Park Community Centre Inc. located in Bayswater North is recruiting for sessional tutors to facilitate pre-accredited programs focusing on Communication Skills for Work and Community, Learning 4 Life and Job Readiness to a variety of learning including but not limited to: young people 16-25, long term unemployed and/or adults with a range of intellectual/physical abilities. These programs are due to start by July.
- Have experience/exposure and an understanding of ACFE Pre-Accredited level training
- Certificate 4 -IV in TAE is desirable
- Hold or willing to obtain both an employee Working with Children Check and National Name Check prior to the program commencing
- Have a background in teaching, facilitation, or other education background with a focus on engaging with individuals with barriers to learning
- Work effectively in a small team achieving set milestones and outcomes
- The ability to work with young people aged 16 - 25
- The ability to work with adults with a range of intellectual/physical abilities
- Availability throughout the week particularly Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Have experience in teaching/facilitating communication skills
- Have experience in job readiness, employment services etc
- Able to work effectively with a range of individuals and tailor learning outcomes based on their goals
- Facilitating an adult education setting – it is important that the learning environment is set and suitable for adults to facilitate their learning
- Administration – overseeing and understanding the importance of completing required administration to satisfy funding in a timely and efficient manner
- Achieving program outcomes and goals – working effectively with the team at Glen Park to set and achieve desired outcomes of the program as discussed prior to the program commencing
- Moderation – moderate, review and change the program in consultation with stakeholders and coordinator
The trainer joining the Glen Park team will be able to demonstrate great communication and organisational skills, possess the ability to work with adults who have a range of barriers. Ideally you would have had previous experience with pre-accredited learning and ACFE (Adult Community Further Education) requirements, hold or be willing to obtain and provide an employee Working with Children Check and Police Check upon commencement.
Interviews may be conducted online.