- This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disabilities!
Avenue+ is an industry leading day program, empowering people with disability who require complex behaviour support to make meaningful contributions through work-based activities. At Avenue+, each individual, and their needs are put first, resulting in a rewarding experience of continued learning and personal growth.
Are you a strong people leader with high standards and values for excellence along with a passion for working with people with disabilities?
Do you have experience in relevant areas of practice with people who exhibit challenging behaviours, intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities?
Are you a highly organised team player with excellent communication skills and a capacity for multi-tasking?
Reporting directly to the Manager of Avenue+ and with a dotted line to Avenue’s Behaviour Support Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the provision of person-centred, positive behaviour support by contributing to the training and development of staff. You will also assist the Manager in overseeing every aspect of the Avenue+ Coworking Space, applying high-level administration, operational, people management and leadership skills to drive an engaged and committed workforce to deliver best practice support for people with disability.
What a day looks like:
- Assist the Manager to lead the day-to-day management of participants by generating and delegating work of the day in line with Avenue+ program.
- Assist the Avenue+ Behaviour Support Manager to provide specialist advice, guidance and support to staff based on Positive Behaviour Support best practice principles to ensure a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Assist in the provision of professional support to staff, stakeholders and families to ensure competent understanding and awareness of challenging behaviours and the effective implementation of behaviour support plans.
- Take leadership during incidents, working with staff to manage and resolve situations with participants, families, and other relevant people; consistently debrief with the team to establish learnings and report back to the Avenue+ Manager.
- Coach and oversee staff according to the direction of Avenue’s Behaviour Support Manager to implement a consistent approach to behaviour management.
- Work alongside the Manager, Community Engagement Lead and Behaviour Support team to complete risk assessments and interpret and implement behaviour support strategies specific to the individual in the Avenue+ setting.
- Provide ongoing support and counsel to participants and families to manage issues, grievances, feedback in relation to Avenue+, but also provide support and counsel more broadly within the Fighting Chance ethos.
- Work with the Community Engagement Lead to coordinate and host tours for prospective participants from within the coworking space’s catchment area.
You will have:
- A relevant qualification and/or 2+ years previous experience in similar program/service delivery management in the community services sector.
- Experience in relevant areas of practice with people who exhibit challenging behaviours, intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities, particularly in the area of risk management and reporting.
- An understanding of mental health and trauma-informed practice.
- An understanding of working as a partner in the NDIA and NDIS planning processes
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Possess or willing to obtain the new NDIS worker screening check and Working with Children Check
- Possess or willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Possess a current unrestricted NSW driver's license
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Salary packaging options
- An opportunity to be part of an industry leading day program
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing professional development.
Avenue+ is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
Find out more here: avenuecoworking.org.au.
A position description is attached.