Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps
Our mission is to ask ‘WHAT IF?’, to see the world as it isn’t yet, to image a future quite different to the present. And then to make it happen.
Fighting Chance was founded in 2011 and has since gone on to create three social businesses, Avenue, Jigsaw and Shared Accommodation Services.
About the role:
This is a role in our Shared Accommodation Services as a Support Worker at our Casa Mia House in Narraweena. The Casa Mia House consists of 4 Male housemates who are looking for some wonderful people to join their circle of support. We are looking for reliable, committed and empathetic individuals to provide quality care as a Support Worker/s.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct Support, including mealtime assistance and personal care
- Administration and Reporting
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Well being practices
Our community is built on inclusiveness, equality and empowerment. The right person for this role will have:
- Positive and proactive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get any job done required in the home
- The ability to work in a changing and dynamic environment, being responsive to residents' wishes on a day-to-day basis
- An understanding of the principles of active and person-centred support
- Ability to think creatively, and think outside the square
- Have a passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Flexible and adaptive communication skills, with a willingness to learn
What we offer:
- Support, mentoring, career guidance and coaching to enable your career development with progression opportunities into leadership roles
- Dedicated house managers, who are a central point of contact and coordination
- Accredited NDIS training, as well as specialised training for the Men you are supporting
- Availability for various shifts throughout the week
- Australian Drivers Licence
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, National Police Check and Working With Children Check (Or willing to obtain)
- Working rights in Australia