Thor's Hammer has been recycling timber since 1994. The company has built an excellent reputation for the work we produce.
In the design & sales role at Thor’s Hammer, you will be part of a team helping our client’s source everything from flooring, decking, and rustic post and beams, to finely crafted entry doors, tables and custom furniture.
- Passionate about recycling timber and excited to work with our high-quality, environmentally friendly products. Environmental responsibility is at the core of everything we do at Thor’s Hammer
- Goal focused with the drive to contribute to personal and team sales targets. A high energy approach to work
- Inspired to develop creative solutions for our customers from our wide range of recycled timbers, and making use of the great range of skills within our business in our dressing, bench top, joinery and recycling teams
- Great listener and strong communicator with a wide variety of customers, including builders, tradespeople, home renovators, architects and designers. An ability to inspire others and give the input needed to help clients come to a decision
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Good attention to detail with the organisation skills to quickly and accurately finalise designs and quotes
- Able to prioritise results and with the ambition to build a career at Thor’s Hammer
Experience and Background
- Solid experience in building, timber or design, and an excellent technical aptitude and understanding. Practical skills or a hands on background would be a plus.
- Experience in sales and customer service
- Competent computer, administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrated success in previous roles and a history of achieving goals
Key Skills / Training Competencies
- Understanding of timber as a material and knowledge of Australian timber species
- Understanding of building and / or furniture construction and familiarity with key technical terms in the industry
- Strong ability in time management and multitasking
- Knowledge of demolition timbers and where they come from in a building
- Good written English
- Clear handwriting and ability to draw basic sketches
- Familiarity with sales or quoting software. We mainly use Xero, Google suite and Filemaker
- Good on basic arithmetic, and handy with a tape measure – with an understanding of measurements in different units and able to convert between millimeters, centimeters, meters and cubic meters
Thor's Hammer has recently moved to a new site in the old Tip Top Factory at 10 Mildura St, Griffith ACT. We have refurbished the building and we have created a beautiful showroom and office space downstairs, and we are currently turning the old dough mixing rooms upstairs into a gallery. The new workshop is spacious and with new machinery and better layout we are expanding production. Exciting times!
We open 8-5pm Monday to Friday and 9-1pm Saturday mornings. You will need to be available for a 40 hour week and to roster with the other sales staff for Saturday mornings.
Working at Thor's Hammer is a great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience working with our beautiful recycled Australian hardwoods and be a part of a team committed and enthusiastic about making high quality products from these timbers.
Starting salary is from $60K to $70K plus super.