Purpose is seeking a passionate and proactive team member to work with us to drive the execution of campaigns projects across email, social, and other digital channels.
Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilisation and storytelling to help leading organisations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from disciples of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
The successful candidate will understand all the ins and outs of social media, and have experience with running, testing, and optimising paid social campaigns. They will also have experience managing social media properties with large followings, including creating and updating content calendars. Ideally they will also know how to navigate, segment and manage large email lists, and can write, stage, and test engaging emails, and report on their performance. Candidates will have demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced and creative client service environment.
This is a full-time 12-month maximum term contract based in our Sydney office with potential for extension.
The Digital Campaigner will join Purpose’s Campaigns team, working on digital campaign execution across a range of client-service and funder-driven projects. As the Digital Campaigner, you will:
- Work with our Strategy and Creative teams to develop campaigns and creative concepts aimed at mobilising audiences to participate in creating meaningful social change
- Work with project teams to help identify rapid-response campaign opportunities based on what’s happening in today’s news cycle
- Plan and produce engaging content for digital channels, including social media
- Write, target, A/B test, segment, code, and send campaign emails to client and partner email lists
- Deliver regular reporting and audience insights using tools and social listening
- Implement advertising on social media networks
- Develop content calendars, and write individual posts, for client and partner social media properties in support of our campaigns
- Contribute design and basic content creation skills to develop campaign content (preferably graphics and videos)
- Participate in brainstorms to develop campaign ideas and tactics in response to news cycle opportunities
- Participate in brainstorms to develop creative content ideas for short films, websites and digital experiences, and on-the-ground activations
- You carry high personal integrity, with commitment to creating progressive change in the world
- You have knowledge and experience in the execution of best practices in email marketing and/or social media management
- You have 1-3 years of combined email and social media experience
- You are a talented writer, especially in email and social media formats, and are able to adjust to multiple style guides and sender/brand voices
- You have a track record of having successfully managed large email lists and/or social media followings
- You are familiar with digital and social media campaigns, and/or issue areas of strong relevance to Purpose’s mission
- You’re excited to work with global team members and help build a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- You have the right to work in Australia, with the ability & willingness to travel
Nice to haves:
- You are a strategic thinker and have a good understanding of nonprofit and advocacy communications
- You understand the value of integrated communications across multiple online and offline channels
- You have fluency in some commonly used campaign tools such as Nationbuilder, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, WordPress, Control Shift Labs, etc.
- You have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and strong proofreading skills in code and copy
- Basic knowledge of visual design tools (Photoshop etc)
This position would potentially suit someone coming from these types of roles:
- Community Manager
- Digital Producer
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketer
- Content Manager
- Communications Coordinator