Desart is the Association of Central Australian Aboriginal Arts and Craft Centres. Established in 1992, incorporated in 1993, we represent 35 independently governed Aboriginal Art and craft Centres representing 8000 artists. We are governed by a 10-member Aboriginal executive committee elected from the membership regions and currently employ 8 staff, servicing a membership area of 1.221 million square kilometres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Management (XERO data entry, budgeting, monthly reporting to CEO and Program Managers, creditors, debtors, banking, payroll, ATO obligations, FBT annual returns, reconciliations, audit & financial statement preparation)
- Financial Reporting to Desart Governing Committee, CEO and staff as directed by CEO
- Monitor compliance requirements relating to business contracts and Funding Agreements
- Grant Applications and Acquittal & Performance Reporting (assistance with the financial component of proposals, reports and acquittals)
- Human Resources (assistance to the CEO with HR administration activities including compliance, policies & procedures, recruitment, contracts, WH&S and leave obligations)
- Management responsibility for the Administration Officer
- Information Technology (initial help desk, contact with consultants)
- Other Administration tasks (limited to activities related to finance and human resources aspects of the Desart office)
A full position description is available below.