- Drive community engagement to produce successful fundraising campaigns
- Utilise outstanding people skills and passion for community spirit
- Work for Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time permanent position, St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public. Within the Fundraising and Communications Division, the Community Engagement Unit is responsible for providing Victorians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to a cancer free future. To achieve this, the unit is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the State. This dynamic Unit takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
About your opportunity
We are seeking four energetic and people-oriented Community Engagement Coordinators to join the Fundraising and Communications Division. Reporting to a Community Engagement Lead, your role is to:
- Build and nurture relationships with volunteer groups and volunteer event planning teams to retain and grow participation in fundraising campaigns;
- Proactively build relationships with grassroots community groups and contacts by providing connections to Cancer Council products and services beyond fundraising to increase engagement with Cancer Council campaigns;
- Implement best practice fundraising coaching and relationship management of fundraising team leaders from the Victorian community to achieve fundraising goals
- Motivate communities to raise funds for Cancer Council, by communicating the impact of their fundraising, the extensive connection to community Cancer Council has, and using outstanding communication and stakeholder relationship skills.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, event management, or marketing, and relevant experience coordinating volunteer groups, community events, or fundraising initiatives.
- A deep sense of community spirit, with demonstrated experience in identifying, securing and developing successful relationships with volunteer community groups and third-party fundraisers to achieve fundraising goals.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills including the ability to manage conflicting priorities, meet deadlines, and resolve conflict to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to travel regularly in metro and regional Victoria, with out of regular business hours and weekend work.
What we can offer you
These full-time positions provide a salary within range $59,823 - $66,208 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.