What’s important to you?
- Multiple Casual Positions with a potential opportunity to go part-time;
- A competitive salary offering with salary packaging options (Reduce your taxable income);
- Work with an organisation that values the individual;
- Free Opportunities for learning and development through our L&D system.
annecto - the people network is an independent, not for profit association committed to increasing opportunities and choices for people with a disability, older persons and their carers.
About the Role
Support Workers are at the forefront of delivering quality care services in accordance with client's individual care plans. As a support worker, you will undertake a variety of tasks to support clients to live their lives their way and help them remain in their own homes. These tasks can include domestic assistance, facilitating meal times, client movement and transport, personal hygiene assistance, communication support, assistance with recreational activities and high-needs personal care.
What you could be doing:
- Provide assistance with housework and other areas of daily living including preparation of meals;
- Provide quality personal care assistance such as showering and dressing;
- Assist clients to access community facilities or appointments;
- Provide carers with general respite;
- Support clients with shopping.
What we need from you:
- Available at least 3 weekdays – we can accommodate school hours;
- Preferably experienced in the provision of personal care duties;
- A strong desire to provide quality client service and the ability to make that connection so that you are welcomed you into their home;
- Flexibility and ability to be adaptive;
- Highly professional and able to act in a compassionate, non-judgemental manner;
- Current police check less than 3 months old or willingness to undertake one with annecto;
- Current First Aid (with 6 months to run) and CPR Qualifications (with 3 months to run) or willingness to update;
- Current driver's license and own transport vehicle with insurance.
What would be great to have:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability Care or higher;
- Similar experience in a similar organisation.
You should be eligible to work in Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
annecto is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, DWES Check and Disqualified Carer check, where necessary and abide by our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.