- Full-time, 24 month fixed term position available
- Fully maintained car
- Generous Salary packaging options
- Develop your career with a growing organisation
The program is focused on providing short term restorative care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and the successful incumbent will be expected to possess not only the requisite skills, qualifications and experience, but be capable of engaging with and supporting the local communities.
What’s important to us?
We are passionate about what we do and we respect every person’s story. annecto is an independent, not for profit association committed to increasing opportunities and choices for people with a disability, older people and their carers.
What’s the job?
This position exists to provide early intervention which aims to reverse and/or slow “functional decline’ in older Australian people with focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and improve wellbeing through the delivery of a time-limited (up to 56 paid days), goal-orientated, multi-disciplinary and coordinated range of services designed for, and approved by, the client. STRC services may be delivered in a home care setting, a residential care setting, or a combination of both.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience of working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and other culturally diverse groups, preferably in the Western Sydney region
- Tertiary Qualifications suited to the field of Community Care (preferable)
- Previous experience in support facilitation/coordination in a community setting
- Understanding and commitment to implementing a multidisciplinary approach to service development.
- Knowledge of local community resources/professional services which support individuals within the Western Sydney region, including but not limited to grassroots Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community networks
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a range of Allied Health and specialist Health Services.
- Sound ability to develop person centred Care Plans with clear and achievable goals.
- Knowledge of the Medicare Claim process.
- A valid NSW Drivers Licence
What would be great to have:
- Demonstrated experience in working with people at all levels in a medium to large organisation with multiple sites.
If you would like more information, please refer to the Position Description.