- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Part time 0.8 EFT opportunity fixed until June 2020
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia, and the peak body representing the interests of people with dementia, their families and carers.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Family Services Clinician to join our Client Services Department based in Hawthorn, Victoria. As a qualified Family Therapist, you will provide counselling within a systems framework to families and carers (including children and young people) of people living with dementia. Supporting and developing the skills and capacity of staff across the Client Services team is also a key element of the role.
In addition you will:
- Develop and continually review a suite of innovative programs and interventions for delivery by the Family Services team.
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ensure the organisation has a family focussed approach to service delivery, inclusive of services for children and grandchildren of people living with dementia
To be successful in this role you will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support across the country.
Key Selection Criteria
- Eligibility for, registration with, or membership of, a relevant professional body or association (eg Psychology Board of Australia or Australian Association of Social Workers).
- Highly developed therapeutic counselling skills and sound knowledge and extensive experience in the provision of clinical services in the field of family therapy.
- Experience in working with complex families, and families in conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of interventions with families, mediation services and counselling with children and adolescents.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and provide high quality secondary consultation services.
- Capacity to work autonomously, often as a sole worker, and to be a self-starter, with demonstrated initiative.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment, as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For role enquiries, please contact Belinda Nixon on 03 9 815 7877.