- Are you an experienced Remote VR GP?
- Have you considered a rewarding opportunity in the Northern Territory?
- Would you like to utilise your experience to make a real difference?
This role will offer that and more!
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) are partnering with Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation to find a General Practitioner to join their passionate team in Tennant Creek Northern Territory.
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation's mission is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services to the Aboriginal people in the Barkly region, with a focus on prevention and treatment in a culturally responsive way, and empowering individuals to take more responsibility for their own health.
Being successful in the role, you will be able to provide excellent medical care to the patients of the health service, as well as diagnosis and management of clients with chronic disease in partnership with your team of nurses and Aboriginal Health Practitioners.
Tennant Creek is in the Barkly region, located 989km from Darwin and 500kms from Alice Springs. With a population of around 3,000, Tennant Creek is rich in history and culture with large cattle stations, wayside inns, historic stock routes, gold mining history and the amazing Karlu Karlu/Devils Marbles to wonder and marvel at. The traditional owners of the land are the Warumungu people, and their stories are showcased in the Nyinkka Nyunyu cultural centre. Temperatures range is from 24 to 40 degrees, with the minimum being from 12 to 25 degrees in winter.
- Contribute to improving health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including patients with chronic health conditions, through better access to multidisciplinary care
- Work to improve access to culturally appropriate health care services to aid in closing the gap in life expectancy
- Assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to understand their chronic disease and how to manage it
- Communicate the importance of a care plan to support self-manage chronic disease
- Promote community and individual self-reliance, self-care and participation
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the below essential criteria:
- Evidence of full working rights within Australia
- AHPRA registration as a specialist general practitioner with RACGP or ACCRM
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in delivery of primary health care to Aboriginal people in remote communities
- Knowledge of issues affecting the health and well-being of Indigenous people in a remote setting
- Qualifications or experience in public health, primary health care or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills in a culturally diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally secure services when providing services to members of the opposite sex
- Have GP Supervisor status
- Current Indemnity Insurance
- Current Police clearance and Working with Children (Ochre Card), or willing to obtain
- Current manual Driver's License
For more detailed information, please contact Barbara for a Position Description.
IMG applicants may be considered if eligible for provisional or general registration and working towards fellowship with RACGP or ACCRM. Eligibility criteria applies. Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010 for more information.
What's In It For You?
- Excellent salary of $339,928.82 and salary sacrificing of up to $15,899.94
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation assistance of up to $5,000 for eligible candidates
- Accommodation and vehicle supplied to eligible candidates
- Full time 2-year contract
- Sport and Recreation gym membership provided
- General dental services and prescriptions available to successful candidates
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for General Practice Rural Incentives Program in the MM7 region, providing access to annual gross MBS payments from $25K to $60K depending on year serviced and performance
- Opportunity to work within a remote Aboriginal community
- Be able to see the difference you make to the lives of your clients
Check out our Careers Page on LinkedIn!