- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- Launceston OR Hobart, TAS
- Part time max term role (3 days a week)
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking an Early Years Coordinator to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Program Manager and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of the Early Years programs within the assigned territory through the provision of ongoing direct support to Facilitators, Program Partners and local LFL teams.
A day in the life of an Early Years Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different.
Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Input into and deliver against the annual plan to meet program deliverables for the assigned area i.e. numbers of trained educators, parent/child participants and community professionals
- Engage and partner with community and early childhood education services outside TSF communities to extend program reach
- Coordinate program delivery and training in LFL and non-LFL settings, either personally or through the allocation of contracted Facilitators
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders, to ensure successful delivery of the suite of programs
- Develop exciting, ‘out of the box’ early years activities that we can share with Early Years professionals, parents and children alike
- Report to the Early Years Program manager against monthly activity
It takes a special kind of person to be our Early Years Coordinator.
Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in the areas of Education or Early Childhood
- Demonstrated experience in delivering professional training to adults
- Demonstrated experience in effective project management and delivery
- Proven experience in the Early Years sector
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions and work with a geographically dispersed team
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.