- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Position Type: Part Time – 2 days (hours may be done flexibly, to be negotiated with CEO)
- Reports to: Finance Manager
This is a perfect role for a 3rd year University student, Mother or a mature age/tail end career applicant.
School for Life Foundation (SFL) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to educating poverty out of existence. We build holistic education models to empower communities to help themselves.
To date we have raised more than A$10 million and mobilised the support of thousands of people around the world who have helped us:
- Build 3 schools;
- Educate 1000 students annually;
- Employ more than 120 adults as teachers, construction workers, cooks and support staff;
- Provide 3 nutritious meals a day for all our staff and students;
- Provide clean drinking water sources (tanks and boreholes) to 2 rural communities;
- Provide 2 health clinics with full-time nurses to treat students and staff, decreasing absenteeism and increasing overall health for the community;
- Build bio-digesters and solar electricity systems to increase our projects’ sustainability for the long-term; and
- Build sustainable businesses including a women’s tailoring program called KUMI which employs 15 women as tailors, a piggery and goat farm.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager and the overall finance function of School for Life. The Account Assistant can expect to assist the Finance Manager with data entry, processing, accounts payable / receivable, recording transactions, assisting with monthly reporting and reconciliations.
This opportunity is ideal for a motivated and dynamic Accounts Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
To be a successful Accounts Assistant, the applicant should have an understanding of basic accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software such as MS excel. Experience with MYOB software and Salesforce would be preferred but not essential.
The Accounts Assistant reports directly to the Finance Manager, however the role may also work in collaboration with other areas such as Fundraising, Marketing and Operations as well as some external donors or partners.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Accounts payable / receivable
- Banking of direct sponsorships and donations
- Updating transactions
- Processing new sponsorships
- Sending tax receipts
- Following up on defaulted payment
- Back up of MYOB
- Completion of Journals (accruals/ prepaid / corrections)
- Balance Petty Cash Tin
- Record and report on account management activity using School for Life’s relationship management system (Salesforce)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2years + experience in Accounts Receivable / Payable or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Microsoft Excel, Word skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
- Proficiency in English, written and verbal
- Collaborative team player and leader, willing to support the shared goals of the team.
- Ability to work independently but also operate efficiently and effectively within a small and collaborative team environment.