- Working closely with the client, his family and friends, therapists, other support workers
- Providing support to assist your client to manage and access appointments, social and leisure pursuits
- Managing other support staff including rostering, training and mentoring to ensure a high quality, client focussed, safe and well organised household
- Monitoring and arranging maintenance of equipment, house and vehicle to ensure safety
- Facilitating, supporting and encouraging your client to build independence and skills in managing household tasks and budgets
You will be the glue that keeps everything together!
To be considered for this position it is essential that you can demonstrate:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the disability support sector with specific understanding of and experience with clients with acquired brain injury
- Be extremely well organised
- Ability to use initiative and efficiently problem solve, think clearly and quickly
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, specifically excellent English (preferably as a first language) both spoken and comprehension
But most importantly are personal attributes:
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Young, friendly, easy going, fun with a great sense of humour
- Great communicator
- Common sense
- Reliable and committed
- Self motivated
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm and flexibility to work in a constantly evolving and changing program
- Creative approach in challenging situations
- Resilience to be able to handle emotional outbursts
This is a long term role with hours between 4 to 5 days per week and 4 to 6 hours per day. We can be flexible for the right candidate!
You will need to be prepared to sign up to one of these online agencies - HireUp or Mable.
Hold a valid Australian Drivers licence and be a confident driver.
First aid/CPR certificate – to be updated annually.
Current Police Check – to be updated annually.
A position description is attached.