The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to Prevent Stroke, Save Lives, Enhance Recovery.
Purpose of the division
The Partnerships Program within the Marketing Division is responsible for the relationship management of key external stakeholders across Trusts and Foundations and Corporate partnerships. The Partnerships team has responsibility to identify, qualify and secure key revenue opportunities (tied & untied) from external funders.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, Marketing & Fundraising, this role will identify key opportunities for revenue from Corporate and Trust & Foundation organisations; including the development of sponsorship packages for key events, implementation of a partnership strategy, and the identification and securing of organisation partnerships across philanthropy, sponsorship and partnerships.
- Develop and pitch effective philanthropy engagement proposals for Trust and Foundations and corporate organisations.
- Negotiate and secure high value multiyear partnerships that result in net financial, promotional and other benefits for the Stroke Foundation.
- Manage resulting philanthropy, sponsorship and partnership relationships with the funders.
- Secure sponsorship revenue and participation from corporates to ensure the sustainability of key fundraising events
- Manage and grow prospective stakeholder relationships.
- Network with a wide range of grant-making and corporate organisations.
- Formal qualifications in business/fundraising or the equivalent of 3-5 years’ experience at a senior level.
- Proven success with securing partnerships with Trusts & Foundations and/or corporates, preferably in a not for profit environment.
- Experience in writing, editing and producing a range of written proposals, correspondence and presentations to a consistently high standard for a variety of audiences.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Understanding of the not for profit partnership marketplace and current promotional techniques.
- The ability to network and enthuse a wide range of ages and socio economic segments of the community.
What's on offer?
A flexible, innovative and dynamic organisation with engaged, knowledgeable staff and volunteers with the added benefits of competitive remuneration and salary packaging.