Work with a leader in aged care services and settlement services.
MiCare Ltd is a leading provider of Community and Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Settlement Services to the multicultural community in Victoria and Queensland. We embrace the heritage of our elders, from our original Dutch care, to Greek, Italian, Chinese or any other elders requiring care that includes an ability to communicate in their native language, to offer their culture’s foods, to respect their traditions, and to listen to their stories.
The primary objective of the position is to engage and empower migrant and refugee families in Monash by addressing identified settlement needs in order to improve their social participation, economic well-being, independence, community connectedness, and overall health and wellbeing.
The Monash Community Strengthening Worker is responsible for the provision and monitoring of high quality community development programs and casework involving migrants and refugees; with a particular focus on women, families and youth.
- Build and maintain effective links with migrant and refugee individuals and community groups; with a special focus on those holding Family, Skilled and International Student Visas in the target region.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including settlement staff, migrant/refugee community groups, key partners, and Councils to facilitate the planning and development of initiatives that respond to community needs and aspirations.
- Coordinate and review the projects/activities undertaken to ensure they align with program requirements and outcomes are being met.
- Actively participate in key service provider networks. Advocate with and on behalf of migrant and refugee community groups with the aim of promoting awareness and understanding of their needs/backgrounds and improving their access to local services, facilities and resources.
- Provide high quality case management/casework; Information, referral and advice, to migrant and refugee community members
- Facilitate referrals to support eligible clients’ journey towards improving social participation, economic well-being, independence, personal well-being and community connectedness.
- In collaboration with Team Leader, initiate and facilitate the development of key projects and activities in line with project guidelines and approved work plans to ensure positive client outcomes.
- Oversee the delivery of support programs that develop resilience, life skills and connection to wider social/cultural opportunities which enhance community health and wellbeing.
- Plan and deliver activities/events that promote greater community awareness and celebrate the strengths and contributions of newly arrived, asylum seeker and migrant/refugee communities.
- Participate in community consultations and identify issues, needs and barriers of refugee and migrants and provide input into the development of relevant services and programs
- Assist in the preparation of funding submissions and applications relevant to improving access to services
- Collect and maintain all required evidence, group services statistical information and prepare reports as required by funding agreement
- Maintain accurate and detailed client files and records. Maintain confidentiality and privacy of client information and data.
- Ensure mandatory reporting and children safety strategies and confidentiality requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation at all times
- Ensure that the services are provided efficiently and effectively
- Ensure and promote safe work practices, procedures and instructions
- Monitor and report all incidents and hazards as required by organisation and funding bodies
- Other relevant activities as outlined in the work-plan negotiated with the Team Leader
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or other relevant human/social sciences, community development
- Well-developed community development skills, including the ability to identify and respond to emerging community needs in partnership with other agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in Casework/Case Management; conducting needs assessments, developing and reviewing case plans, providing information, referral, and advice.
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and managing a wide range of client crises (e.g. family violence, homelessness, child protection, acute mental illness etc.) in complex human services environments
- Ability to foster intercultural dialogue / understanding and build social cohesion through program design and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and partnering with the community and other agencies to design, deliver, and evaluate community development programs and initiatives, in response to emerging community needs
- The ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner within an ethno-specific environment with a genuine commitment to access and equity principles.
- Part time position
- Located in Oakleigh/Monash region. Travel is associated with this position
- Exceptional culture and team performance
- Ongoing training and career development
- Salary Packaging
A full Position Description is attached below.