We are looking for an experienced buyer to join our team. Previous buying experience required, preferably within food retail. Our ideal candidate is organised and structured with a high attention to detail but also has the ability to think on their feet and problem solve. A passion for health food and sustainability is also key as these are fundamental to what we do. You will report directly to our store owner but work very closely with our store manager on a day-to-day basis.
We are a small business so the role is varied but the main tasks will include:
- Weekly ordering, maintaining stock levels across grocery, health & beauty and vitamin departments.
- Maintenance of our POS system
- New product decisions across the store, curating the product range to reflect our values and what our customers want.
- Organising and executing a promotional calendar including negotiating supplier discounts, merchandising promotional space and determining success.
- Maintaining existing supplier relationships and establishing new strategic relationships within the industry
- Co-ordinating with the store manager and marketing on new product launches, promotions and merchandising changes.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reporting including in depth analysis of figures for the rest of store management. Good Excel skills required.
- Weekly accounts payable. Previous experience with Xero preferable but not required.
The role is full time, Monday to Friday.