About the organisation:
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role:
This is a 6-month maximum term contract full time, located in either our Newcastle or Sydney Offices. Reporting to the Strategic Lead, Disability Housing, this unique opportunity will assist this team to develop new business processes and identify and procure new systems to achieve optimum housing outcomes for people with a Disability. Working closely with a dedicated and passionate team to leverage the Speciality Disability Accommodation (SDA) under the NDIA.
- Provide high level input to the development of project briefs and service proposals which describe scope, deliverables, high level business solutions, project plans, change management, strategies and identify resources and skills requirements
- Lead analysis to develop clear and concise business solution options, recommendations and specifications to be considered by the project team/s
- Identify, plan and facilitate workshops with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather business requirements, develop specifications and manage stakeholder expectations
- Document requirements, functional specifications and BAU handover through the use of flow charts, screen designs, report designs, interfaces, help content and business processes/workflow
- Facilitate data and migration analysis to support solution design and deployment planning
- Collate and analysis existing data to inform the procurement process whilst maintain up to date functional information for this new unit
- Facilitate in planning and execution of system testing and integration testing in conjunction with the SMEs and operational staff
- Lead discussions as required with business stakeholders, internal ICT and external software vendors to configure/ build system according to the business requirements
Skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in business analysis
- Significant experience in engaging business users to quantify issues and/or capture business requirements
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting issues quickly and identifying and analysing solutions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience in handling sensitive material and maintaining confidentiality
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including managers, peers, employees, external organisations, service providers
- Excellent written communication skills for the creation of correspondence and, as required, other materials or reports.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Join a team that encourages innovative thinking
- Excellent tax benefits & monthly rostered days off
- 6 Month Maximum Term Contract – Newcastle or Sydney locations