About the Company
Our client is a peak national professional training Institute within a specialist medical field. They are a leading educational and scientific authority, providing expertise and advice to Federal and State Government on health workforce issues and medical issues.
They provide training for medical practitioners proceeding to become Fellows, post-graduate training, Continuing Professional Development as well as training for general practitioners, nurses and medical students.
By joining our client, you will be stepping into a vital, challenging and rewarding position with a supportive, flexible and progressive organisation.
Some of your duties and responsibilities include:
- Proactive and timely development of reports, submissions and other high level communication materials (information briefings, policy reports, data analysis, research issues, business cases, recommendations, external collateral)
- Monitor current issues, policies and legislation, political trends and debates on health-related policies and clinical issues in Australia of relevance to the organisation
- Provide first line strategic analysis and context of policy proposals from Federal and state/territory governments and other key stakeholders
- Facilitate member engagement by providing a central point of call and knowledge hub on relevant health policy issues
- Provide high quality administrative support to Committees and working groups as required including the production of agendas, meeting papers, minutes and item summaries
- Obtain input, collate feedback and seek endorsement of outputs for approval by the Board, staff and members where relevant
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant organisations and peak bodies to develop mutually supporting position statements and/or awareness raising material
- Management of projects aimed to support the policy, engagement, advocacy and research portfolio in accordance with the organisation’s strategic plan
And what you'll need:
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in a related discipline and relevant work experience - minimum 4 years
- Previous experience of policy development and advocacy, ideally in health, social or economic policy areas, including:
- ability to gather and research information from a broad range of sources
- succinctly synthesising information from a range of sources
- ability to interpret complex and technical information and analyse it to inform policy
- preparing policy documents and background analysis
- drafting of policy briefings and responding to consultations
- A friendly and relaxed work environment.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Concessional holidays