About the Organisation:
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
About the Role:
We currently have vacancies for In-Home Disability Support Workers in Preston and surrounding suburbs.
We need candidates who are committed and passionate in making a difference to people’s lives, and are able to be part of a positive, committed and enthusiastic team. Having the ability to create supportive and professional working partnerships which encourages client independence and having interpersonal skills including working positively with others.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a disability support worker in the community or in-home setting
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or similar
- First Aid/CPR certificates
- Ideally, previous experience assisting clients' with the following;
- Personal care: showering/dressing/grooming
- Leg Bag/Catheter Care/Bowel Care
- Peg Feeding
- Administrating medication or prompting medication
- Meal preparation and assistance
- Slide Boards/Hoist Transfers
- Domestic Assistance
- Community Access
- Pre-Employment Police Check.
- DWES Check.
- Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
- Own car and valid driver’s licence .(International driver's licence will not be accepted).
- Smart phone and internet access.
- Willingness to undergo further training and development, specific to the clients’ care.