Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people with disability the tools to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 85,000 registered users and support workers in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
At Hireup, we communicate from the heart, creating content that starts conversations, inspires action and encourages others to share in our vision. We take a thoughtful, strategic and creative approach to our marketing, communications and brand initiatives and work hard to build a community movement that amplifies the many and varied experiences of Australians with disability. Our team is comprised of people who share these beliefs and know how to use them in fuelling our growth and positive social impact.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be the go-to person for all things product, marketing, and service-related topics. You will be the glue that holds these teams together and a subject matter expert, navigating from new, exciting product features, issues, and everything in between. You will ensure that in all product and service topics, we communicate with our community in a way that is impactful for them and is also simple, clear and concise.
The big picture
- Join Australia’s fastest growing, for-purpose tech scale-up (we recently topped Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 List and we were a winner of the Google Impact Challenge Grant)
- Be the facilitator between Service, Product and Marketing for all product related communication to our community
- Make meaningful social impact through your work whilst being a part of a driven, specialised marketing and communications team
Priorities - the work
- Be the go-to contact for product and service-related communications and issues
- Partner with stakeholders in marketing, service, and product to help communicate changes to our product in a way that is impactful to our community
- Drive new product feature launches and announcements, coordinating with internal product teams, design, SEO, email, customer service, PR & communications
- Act as the voice of our community and help shape product, service and marketing strategies partnering with our in-house insights and UX teams
- Own our brand strategy and TOV application and ensure they are being reflected in all our communications
- Coach, train and advise teams on strategy and communication to empower our design, copywriting, and creative teams across the organisation
- Direct creative briefs and project manage new marketing content and collateral needed in relation to product and service requests
- Help train the service team on any new product or marketing updates that would affect our community, including, new features, tone-of-voice, and UX changes
Skills - the person
- Experience in a product and/or marketing role
- Experience creating different styles of communications
- A connector who can work with multiple stakeholders across the company to drive great outcomes for our community
- A natural leader who can rally teams of all kinds, and influence peers across the organisation
- Can work autonomously while working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to soak in lots of input and come up with concise plans of actions
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
- Exhibit adaptability, resilience, patience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and innate curiosity
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Check out some of our users on YouTube
- Find out more about our 'why' from CEO Jordan O'Reilly
People with lived experience of disability strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is full-time and the salary will be dependent on experience.