Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people the tools needed to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 60,000 registered users in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
The Hireup team is focused on delivering a quality experience for our users, at the heart of which is our Service team. Comprised of our Community Support, Trust and Safety and Incident Response teams, the Service team is responsible for the wellbeing and satisfaction of our users. As frontline staff, our Service team listens with intent and responds with integrity in its efforts to ensure our users feel heard, supported and satisfied.
Our Community Support Team Leads are responsible for answering the day-to-day requests and enquiries from our users, therefore ensuring retention and satisfaction of all users on the platform. Our leads are excellent at fostering relationships to ensure the Community Support Coordinators are well supported in providing a world-class, safe and individualised customer service experience to our users. They do this through delivering exceptional customer service, answering the questions of our user base, solving their challenges and unlocking opportunities within the Hireup community.
The big picture
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing tech companies - winner of the 2018 Google.org Impact Challenge and 2017 Deloitte Tech Fast 50
- Join a tight-knit, fast-paced team
- Ensure our users are receiving world class customer service
- Visibility over the impact that Hireup has in the community
Priorities - the work
- Build confidence and capability in the Community Support Coordinators to provide the best service to our users
- Ensure the support team rostering is carried out in a way that values our end users and competing priorities are handled
- Assist the Community Support Manager in developing policies and processes that ensure the team can best address the day-to-day enquiries and users have a positive experience on the Hireup platform
- Draw on your knowledge and experience with disability services to support the Hireup community through proactive and reactive phone and email communication.
- Proactively communicating with users to ensure they’re making the most of the opportunities our community can provide.
- Analysing and responding to information received from our community to ensure that every booking that occurs is safe, appropriate and individualised.
- Advocating internally to ensure that the communities ideas and feedback are incorporated into our service and platform design.
- Assisting the Community Support Manager with recruitment, induction and training to ensure Hireup is building and fostering a high performing support team
- Providing the broader Head Office team with insights and inspiration of the impact our community has on their lives.
Skills - the person
- Ability to support a team of 5-7 people and produce positive individual outcomes for these team members
- Has experience in the disability or health sector and wants to support our users in a person centred disability support model.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across all areas of the business and be an advocate for the support team and the value it provides the business and its users
- Has experience providing exceptional customer service
- Builds relationships through empathy, transparency and warmth
- Can communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Uses problem solving, creativity and initiative to find the right solution for each individual
- Is eager to work in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Is motivated and inspired to learn and develop new skills
- Wants to work in a role that provides you with the opportunity to connect with our users and make an impact
- Can commit to at least one year in the role
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
- Exhibit adaptability, resilience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and innate curiosity