Who we are
GECA – (Good Environmental Choice Australia Limited), is a mission led not-for-profit who recognise and promote sustainability excellence in products and services.
Essentially, we help people buy better for people and planet.
We offer tangible solutions for sustainable consumption and production through certification, education and advocacy services.
"Ecolabelling" is one of our most well known products and involves certifying and labelling products according to their environmental performance; the method is used around the world in different ways.
The GECA "ecolabel" indicates that the sustainability impact of a product or service has been independently assessed based on life-cycle considerations. We are proud to be one of the global leading labels and recognised beyond Australia.
We are a passionate, hard-working values aligned team and are looking for a passionate, motivated self-starter, willing to learn and face challenges.
- Project and Administration Officer
- Full time role
- Initial 3 month contract with probable extension
- Salary 50k per annum + super
This role is varied in nature and will play a pivotal role to the smooth running of our organisation.
You will provide frontline administration and office support to our potential customers/ customers and to our staff and will be core to additional projects as required. (50% of role)
Initially you will have the opportunity to lead a new project - software implementation project (50% of role)
The two main delivery areas of focus in this role are:
- Project officer (0.5 FTE initially)- key delivery in forming and implementation of a new software portal for managing auditing processes.
- This will include stakeholder engagement, data management, data entry, team coordination and project management skills.
- You will have support from the operations manager and technical officer for the development of the online tool.
- Following on from the portal development, there will be ongoing portal management requirements.
- New project opportunities may also be available in the future.
- Administration officer and sales support- key delivery of office and client management, in liaison with the Operations & Finance Manager and Head of Engagement & Marketing
Key deliverables, (but not limited to), include:
- Direct incoming calls on the main line to appropriate staff
- Assisting with web site enquiries
- CRM support and data entry and management
- Support with delivering a pipeline of potential new sales and converting into customers across our product ranges, with a focus on new products and services for certification
- Support of potential and existing clients through the technical process towards certification / recertification
- Assisting with the coordination of advertising campaigns and events.
- Assisting with the implementation of marketing campaigns and material across print and online platforms, including social media and ensure company messages are consistent.
- Working with GECA licensees to promote their products and activities.
- Some administrative tasks and other ad-hoc duties as required, including support to CEO in diary management of required.
- Proposal writing
- Assist the Operations manager with preparation for client and board meetings, including meeting room booking and catering if / as required.
- Stock office supplies
Key attributes and capabilities:
- Sales minded (B2B sales experience an advantage)
- Friendly, customer facing
- Able to manage project delivery and time management including coordination of other team members
- Problem solver
- Action oriented
- Customer service orientated
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Support operations of sales, proposal writing, marketing and event activities due to small, hands on nature of team
- Main office location Sydney (Green Square business location)
- Ability to travel and attend out of hours events as required
- Project Management Experience and proposal writing an advantage
- B2B sales experience
Operations & Finance Manager and Head of Engagement & Marketing
Relevant Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Business management
- Data entry
- Sales / customer service